There are a lot of means of transportation. Cable car is one that best suits for hilly region. Rope way can be used or transporting goods, public transportation. It is hard to build roads in mountains. In this place we see many rope ways. Cable cars are both manual and electric. Rope ways are used from crossing river to climbing mountains.
Today we are making a cable car science project. By doing this cable car science experiment we can learn about gear motor and working model of cable car.
This rope way model is best for 10th grade science projects. You can make it as your upcoming science fair projects.
What is Electric cable car ?
Cable ways comes in different types. Some can be manual and other are electric. This concept is use for transporting people and goods.
When a cable car is powered via electricity it is simply electric cable way.
Cable way science project helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to make rope way ?
- Cable car model.
- science fair ideas for Physics.
Materials required for making Rope Way :
There are a lot of items we need to make this science project. We have listed some of the essential items.
- Gear motor
- 9 volt battery
- Color paper
- Metal wire
- Hot melting glue
How to make Cable car ?
After all materials are collected now its time to make this science project:
- First of all take a cardboard and cut it into different shapes as in video. There are our building blocks.
- Glue the base cardboard with side cardboard. These two cardboard gives the key structure of our science experiment.
- At the other side glue a cubical cardboard. Above this cardboard we glue gear motor. This gear motor rotates our cable way.
- Now take a metal wire and glue it at the other side. Fix a circular disk at this metal wire.
- Similarly attach another cylinder at the gear motor.
- After this put a thread through groove in disc.
- Now its time to make boxes and fix with thread.
- Finally our cable way model is read for demo.
Cable Car Model :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this science project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Cable Car Explanation :
Transportation is key factor for development of a country. There are a lot of ways for transportation, some of them are road way, boats, rail way, Air way, rope way, etc.
For mountainous country cable way are best means of transportation. Since road ways are dangerous due to natural calamities like landslides, flood, etc.
Cable cars are used for transporting passengers and loads. Since the cost of building rope ways are far cheaper then road ways. It is highly appropriate.
In this science project working model of cable car we have use gear motor for rotation rope. Gear motor rpm is tremendously less then that of normal motor. ( Revolutions Per Minute RPM of normal motor ranges form 12,000 to 25,000. Where as RPM of gear motor ranges form 30 t0 100). This makes gear motor best choice for this project. Since rope way moves very slow.
Advantages of Cable Cars :
There are many advantages of rope way as means of transportation. They are :
- Cost of building cable ways are much cheaper then road ways. So, they are very cheap means of transportation.
- In mountains and hills it is very hard to construct roads. In this type of geography rope ways are best and structure friendly.
- Cable ways are safer in comparison to road ways. Since they move in control speed.
- This means of transportation helps in conservation of wild life and vegetation. Since people should not physically pass through lands.
- They are echo friendly as they do not pollute environment. Buses and trucks uses petroleum as source of energy. That helps in air population. Where as rope ways mostly uses electric energy.
- We can move high altitude via rope ways in straight line. This decreases fuel productivity.
Disadvantages of Cable Cars :
There are few disadvantages of rope ways. They are :
- Rope ways are only suitable for mountains and hills. In normal plane area it is very expensive.
- There are limitations in cable ways. Only certain amount of load or limited number of passengers are allowed.
- Rope ways are very slow in nature.
Advantages of Working model of Cable Car Project :
There are many advantages of this science project. Some of them are listed below.
- This science project helps student to learn about rope way.
- It inspires school students for making science projects.
- Cable car science project can be good science fair ideas for 10th grade.
Safety tips while making Rope way:
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass that protects your eyes.
- Properly handle diy knife and scissor.
- We suggest to do this science project with your parents, teachers or any elders.
Also read Science fair projects for students :
- Robotic Arm
- Wheel And Axle Science Experiment
- Earth Layers Science project
- Rising Water Experiment
- Seed Germination Experiment
Questions and Answers:
- How cable car works ?
By its name a car (box) is hanged in a cable. This box has got a motorized wheel that moves over this cable.
If you are searching any science project for class 10. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This documentation can be best for your working model of cable car.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.