Hydraulic JCB Project :
JCB Excavator is a magnificent construction machine that we can see in building sites. This machine can do a lot of work which are not possible via human hands. Since this awesome machine has lots of advantages we have to learn about this machine. Today we are making the working model of Hydraulic JCB project.
Working model of Hydraulic JCB can be best for students who studies in grade 7,8,9 and 10. This cool science experiment can be good source for understanding some science terms such as pressure, hydraulics, force etc.It also may be your next science fair ideas.
What is Hydraulic JCB Project ?
” JCB” stands for Joseph Cyril Bamford. Which is a company that makes construction and agricultural machines.
We are making working model of one of JCB machine JCB excavator. This working model of hydraulic JCB helps us to increase our interest of science. It also attracts students for making science projects.
If you are interested to make this cool science project, you can simply follow below article.
Hydraulic JCB project helps us to answers some questions like :
- How to make hydraulic JCB ?
- What is hydraulic JCB ?
- Working model of hydraulic JCB.
- How does JCB excavator functions ?
This science experiment is best way to learn about hydraulic excavator. Now let us make our science project.
Materials required for making Homemade Hydraulic JCB :
This School science project is made using simple materials found around our house and nearby pharmacy. Some of materials needed for making this homemade hydraulic excavator experiment are :
Wooden stick are the main components of this science project. We have mentioned the measurements.
- One wooden stick having length of 15cm long.
- Two wooden stick ‘s with length of 12cm long.
- Two wooden stick ‘s with length of 8cm long.
- Three wooden stick ‘s with length of 4cm long. Cut one end of this block pointed.
- Few nuts and bolts are needed for screwing excavator that helps to make machine structure frame.
- Next important things for making this science project are syringes. We have used two 10 ml syringes and two 20 ml syringes. (Note: You can use syringes with any other measurements. )
- As syringes are used we need medical tubes for connection them. We have bought one medical tube from medical store and cut it into two halves. You can also use some other tube tat fits at the tip of syringe.
- Base of our machine is made with ply wood. You can also use different types of materials such as cardboard or form board.
- Some of other basic materials are also needed such as, hot melting glue, diy knife, metal scale, cutting mat, etc.
How To Make Hydraulic JCB :
After collecting all the materials needed, let us start our science project. Here we have provided step by step guide to make hydraulic JCB.
- First of all we have to make holes in the wooden blocks.
- Take three wooden blocks with 4 cm long and make hole at the opposite end of pointed side.
- We also make holes in all other wooden blocks at two opposite ends as in video.
We have used a driller for making the holes trough wooden blocks.
- First of all let us make bucket. For this take wooden blocks having 4cm length. Join these wooden blocks with two 8cm wooden blocks alternately using screw and not as in video below.
- After bucket is ready its time to make boom part. For this take wooden block with 12 cm length and 15 cm length. Join them as before using screw.
- Now we have glued this boom part with base plywood using hot melting glue.
- After boom is ready it is time to add syringe. Take one 20 ml syringe and place it’s tip on the base and handle at top. This handle is fixed using plastic zip tie so that it cant move.
- This arrangement will later help or machine to move up and down.
- Similarly join the bucket to the end of 15 cm wooden bock using screw and bolt.
- We have to make two small holes are made at the handle of 10 ml syringe. Which is then fixed at the 15 cm wooden block. This syringe is joined with bucket using small wires.
- Take two medical pipe and fit them at the end of two syringe. Also attach the other end with syringes with respect to there size.
- 20 ml syringe is used for moving the boom up and down.
- 10 ml syringe is used for moving bucket forward and backward.
- Finally our school science project is ready for demo.
Hydraulic JCB Project Video :
For better demo of this project, you can simply follow below video.
Here is full process of making this school science project hydraulic excavator project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Hydraulic JCB Project Explanation :
We can learn many things via this school science experiment. Some of the important topics are noted bellow.
- Hydraulic excavator :
Hydraulic excavator is a powerful construction machine. We can see this machine in various construction sites such as road sites, dam sites, building sites, etc. This machine is designed to demolish purpose. It can dig a hole, move mud form one place to another. It moves using either wheel or chain.
There are lots of company which manufacture excavator in which JCB is renowned one.
- Pressure :
Pressure can be defined as “The ration of force applied perpendicularly per unit area.” Unit of pressures is pascal. There are many types of pressure some of them are absolute pressure, gauge pressure,atmospherics pressure, etc. Pressure can be calculated using formula P=F/A.
- Pascal’s law :
Pascal’s law can be stated as “when we apply pressure on the fluid inside a closed container. This force is transmitted to liquid and wall of container.”
- Working model of hydraulic JCB :
Hydraulic JCB is based on Hydraulic system.
Hydraulic system is a system where a liquid fluid is main component. Some of the examples of hydraulic system are vehicles break, hydraulic jack, etc.
This machine is based on the above concept. We apply force on the 20 ml syringe that moves the boom. This force moves the whole boom part up and down. For moving the bucket we apply force on 10 ml syringe.
Advantages of this cool science Project :
There are lots of advantages of this science experiment. We have mention some of the merits below :
This project can be good medium for better learning about hydraulic system. We can get knowledge about function of hydraulic machines.
- Science terms such as force, pressure, hydraulic, Pascal’s law, etc are used for making this science project. Students and easily understand as well as use this science thesis.
- This type of science experiments always attracts students towards study of science and also helps to answer many questions related to hydraulic system.
- Hydraulic excavator helps to make our work easier and faster.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas.
- It also motivate us in science work shops.
Safety Tips while making Hydraulic JCB Working Model :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass while doing this science project which protects your eyes.
- Care fully handle the diy knife. If not it may break and cut your body.
- Do this science project with your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
- Properly handle the soldering iron otherwise it may burn your body part.
- Since we are using syringe, I suggest you to throw its needle otherwise it may harm you.
Alternative process for making Hydraulic project for school:
We can make a lot of science experiments related to hydraulics. Some of the well known projects are hydraulic crane, hydraulic arm, hydraulic lift, hydraulic bridge, etc.
Hydraulic lift, is a cool project related to hydraulic excavator. Lift is used for lifting heavy load from bottom to top. We have made the working model of hydraulic lift.
Some of cool school science experiments :
- How to make Water Dispenser
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- School Science project Lungs Model
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- How To make Compass At Home
Hydraulic jcb project report :
If you are searching for hydraulic jcb project report then this whole documentation can be best.
If you like this science project or has any queries about how to make hydraulic project. Which is one of the experiment related to physics. You can simply comment us at our comment section.