Hovercraft is a awesome vehicle that can travel in both land and water. This vehicle has many uses in many fields like education, military, rescue, etc. Today we are making this science project Hovercraft.
We can make hovercraft as our science fair ideas. There are normally two ways to make it. One is simple dc motor based and another air pressure (thrust) basis.
Here we are making CD And balloon hovercraft.
This science project diy hovercraft is best as science project for class 3. But is also suitable for students of grade 4 and 5 too. Science terms such as pressure, force, thrust can be learn by making this science project.
How To Make Science Project Hovercraft ?
There are lots of science projects for grade three. One is hovercraft working model. With some common materials such as a cd and balloon we can make simple hovercraft. And learn about it’s concept.
Hovercraft science project helps us to answers some questions like :
- How To Make CD Balloon Hovercraft?
- What is Thrust?
- Knowledge about science terms such as force, thrust, etc.
Materials required for making Hovercraft Science Project :
Let as make the list of materials that are necessary for making this science projects.
- Bottle Cap,
Some of other basic materials we need are soldering rod, hot melting glue, scissor, etc.
Full form of cd is compact disk. You can get waste cd easily at our house.If not it is easily available at electronic store.
How to make CD Hovercraft :
After collection of all the materials, It is time to start our science project. Here is step by step guide to make hovercraft.
- First of all take a plastic bottle cap. Using a soldering rod make a small hole at the center of cap. If you do not have soldering rod you can use needle also.
- Using hot glue attach this cap with compact disk.
- Seal the leakage with small layer of hot melting glue.
- Pass small piece of straw pipe through hole on cap.
- With the help of rubber fix balloon with this straw pipe.
- Finally, our science project is ready for use.
Balloon CD Hovercraft Video :
For better demo of this project, you can simply follow below video.
Here is full process of making this science fair project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have created many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
We can learn a lot of knowledge from this Cool science project. Some of the important topics are noted bellow.
- Force :
Force is a term used in physics. Force can be define as Force is a push or pull action on an object that tends to accelerate that object.
Unit of force is Newton. Formula of force is F=MA.
- Thrust :
Thrust is simply a sudden force in specific direction. It comes form Newtons third law of motion. For example plane flying in forward direction due to flue burning force in opposite direction.
Advantages of Science Fair Projects Hovercraft :
There are lots of advantages of this Hovercraft science project. We have mention some of the merits below :
- This science experiment hovercraft helps us to learn many physics terms.
- We can get ideas about hovercraft. Its uses and applications.
- This science project inspires students for interest in science workshops.
Safety Tips for Battery Less Flashlight Science Project :
Our first priority before doing any science project is safety. Anyone must protecting him self or her self is prerequisite.
- Always ware a safety glass while making science projects, that protects your eyes.
- Carefully handle soldering rod. It may burn your hand.
- Properly handle hot melting glue as it may harm you.
- Carry out this science project in presence of your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative project for DIY Hovercraft :
There are many science project which is similar to this project. You can try this science experiment with different balloon size.
Hovercraft can also be made via another concept. That is using magnet in place of air pressure. You can simply use four long bar magnets and use it as hover crafts. These projects can be good science project ideas for up coming science fair.
Some of cool science project ideas :
- Simple electric car.
- Earthquake detector project
- Lungs model
- How to make compass at home ?
- Generate electricity from dc motor
Q&A on Science Project Hovercraft:
1. What is hovercraft?
Hover craft is simply a vehicle that can move in both land and water.
2. Who invented hovercraft ?
A British inventor Christopher Cockerell invented hovercraft.
3. When was hovercraft invented ?
Hovercraft was invented in 1955.
4. Advantages of Hover craft:
There are lots of advantages of hovercraft . Some of them are mentioned below.
- It is travel in both land and water.
- Used in task such as rescue, military, education,etc.
- It has got great stability since there is less friction.
CD and Balloon Hovercraft l Report :
If you are searching any 3th grade science fair projects. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This documentation can be best for your working model.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.