5th Grade Science Projects Floating Egg :
This project can be great for 5th grade science projects. Normally when we put a egg on a glass with water it sinks and egg reaches to button. But when same egg is subjected to glass that contains salt water then this egg floats on water. Let us see and do this floating egg science experiment .Now let us find behind the reason for floating of egg. What is density and explanation.5th Grade Science Projects Floating Egg is easy science experiment.
This cool science project helps us to answers some questions like :
- Why does an egg float in saltwater ?
- What is density ?
- What is density formula
- floating egg density experiment.
Materials Required for Floating Egg Science project :
Let as make the list of materials that are necessary for making this 5th grade science projects.
- Three eggs. Can be of any birds, I have used hen eggs.
- Three clean glass.
- A clean spoon.
- Three glass of clean water.
- few spoon of salt.
Process of Making 5th Grade Science Projects Floating Egg :
After collecting all the materials, It is time to start our class 5 science project. Here we have provided step by step guide to make 5th grade science projects floating egg.
- First of all take three big size clean glasses.
- Pour 3/4 clean water on all three glasses.
- Put 4 spoon of salt in 2nd glass and 2 spoon salt on third glass.
- When you stir the spoon, salt will dissolve with water.
- Now it is time to put egg on all three glasses. Carefully put egg on those glasses.
- We find that egg on first glass sinks in water whereas egg on second glass will float and the third egg will partially float on the middle of glass.
Floating Egg Experiment Conclusion :
It is amazing to see this experiment and fun too. The real reason behind this project is density. Density can be defined as mass per unit volume. Symbol of density is rho (ρ).
For first glass, egg sinks in water. Here the condition is density of egg is more then the density of water, so egg sinks in water and reaches to bottom of glass with water.
For second glass, egg floats in water. When we add four spoon of salt on second glass then this salt dissolves in water. That increases the density of water. Now the condition is density of egg is less then the density of salt water. This cause floating of egg on Salt water.
For third glass, egg partially floats in water. When we add two spoon of salt on third glass, then this salt also dissolves with water. Which eventually increases the density of water. Now the condition is density of egg is similar or equal to the density of salt water. So the result is egg partially sinks and floats partially at the middle of salt water.
Science Projects Floating Egg Video :
Here is full process of making this science fair project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have created many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
We have demonstrated floating egg project in above video. You can easily understand and do this projects easily at your school, class room or may be at your home. It is always fun to do school science projects and learn fun science.
Safety Tips for School Science Projects :
Our first priory must be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself. Some of the steps for your safety for this projects are:
- Always ware a safety glass which protects your glass.
- Do this science project with your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
- Properly handle glass as it may easily break when it falls.
Some of cool school science experiments :
- How to make Water Dispenser
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- School Science project Lungs Model
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- How To make Compass At Home
Alternative process for Floating egg science experiment.
You can also do this floating egg science project with just single glass and single egg. For this take a clear glass. Pour clean water about to full. Put egg in the glass. Egg sinks in water. Now add some salt on water . IT is seen that after putting few salt, egg starts to float up and partially floats. When we further add the salt egg eventually floats on the top of glass.
Q&A on Floating Egg Science Project:
1. Why is the density useful ?
Density is a useful topic. It determines weather an object either floats of sinks in water.
2. What are 5th grade science projects ideas ?
3. Formula of density ?
Density (ρ = m / v)
If you are searching any 5th grade science fair projects. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This documentation can be best for your working model.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.