Water displacement science project is a cool science experiments that helps us to understand about Archimedes principle. It is very difficult to measure the volume of irregular object. With the help of Archimedes principle we can easily measure volume of any object that can be submerged. Today we are making a science experiment related to water displacement.
This science experiment is best for 5th grade science projects. You can make this school experiments and calculate volume of irregular object.
What is Water displacement experiment ?
Water displacement experiment is a easy experiment that can be done with some common items. When we emerge an object in a liquid inside a enclosed vessel then volume of liquid rise’s. This increased volume is a volume of object.
Materials required for Archimedes principle experiment :
There are a lot of items we need to make this science project. We have listed some of the essential items.
- Beaker or a clear water glass
- Clear water
- irregular object
How to make Water displacement Project?
After all materials are collected now its time to make this school science project:
- First of all take clear water glass or beaker.
- Pour a half glass with clean water.
- Take the measurement of the initial reading.
- Immerse an irregular object inside this vessel. As we put this object volume of liquid increases.
- Take the final reading and note it.
- Finally our science experiment is completed.
Water Displacement Science Project :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this science project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Water Displacement Science Project Explanation :
Archimedes principle :
Archimedes principle can be simply understand as, When we put an object partially or full immerse inside liquid then the weight of that object is equal to weight of liquid displaced.
Advantages of water displacement experiment :
There are many advantages of this class 5 science project.
- Understand Archimedes principle.
- We can measure volume of irregular object.
Safety tips while making This experiment :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass that protects your eyes.
- Properly handle diy knife and scissor.
- We suggest to do this science project with your parents, teachers or any elders.
Also read Science fair projects for students :
- Robotic Arm
- Wheel And Axle Science Experiment
- Earth Layers Science project
- Rising Water Experiment
- Seed Germination Experiment
Questions and Answers:
- How do you calculate volume of irregular object ?
We can calculate volume of irregular object using Archimedes principle.
- Who invented Archimedes principle ?
Greek mathematician Archimedes introduced Archimedes principle .
- What is formula of Archimedes principle ?
Archimedes principle formula ( Fb = ρ x g x V )
If you are searching any science project for class 5. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This documentation can be best for your working model of escalator.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.
For more, school projects , log on to SCHOOLSCIENCEEXPERIMENTS.COM