As a school student we have to read about living things. Cell is smallest functional unit in our life. Cell can’t be seen with our naked eyes. We need powerful microscope for looking it. Basically there are two types of cells animal cell and plant cell. Today we are making animal cell model project for school. This animal cell 3d model helps us to learn about different parts of animal cell.
This animal cell working model is best for 7th grade science projects. You can make it as you upcoming science fair projects.
What is 3D animal cell model ?
3D animal cell model is a working model of animal cell. It is made with play dough and color papers. You can make this science project using styrofoam also.
animal cell model science project helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to make a working model of animal cell ?
- Parts of animal cell.
- Animal cell model labeled.
- science fair ideas for biology.
Materials Required to make 3d Model Of Animal Cell :
There are a lot of items we need for making 3d model of animal cell for school. We have listed some of the essential items.
- Colorful play dough
- White paper
- DIY Knife
- Bamboo Sticks
How to make Animal Cell Model ?
After all materials are collected now its time to make this science project:
- First of all take a big chunk of blue color play dough. Carefully shape it as semi sphere shape. This is cell membrane of our 3d animal cell.
- After this take orange color and yellow color play dough and place at middle. They are nucleus and nucleolus.
- Make thin line shape of yellow color play dough for golgi bodies.
- Purple color s shape play dough represents endoplasmic reticulum.
- Brown color play dough represents vacuoles.
- Green color dough denotes mitochondria.
- After this it’s time to label all parts.
- Finally animal cell model with label is completed.
Animal Cell Model Project For School :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this science project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Animal Cell Model Explanation :
Study of animal cell helps us to understand about whole body. There are may parts inside a animal cell. They are cell membrane, nucleus, nucleolus, nuclear membrane, cytoplasm, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus, ribosomes, mitochondria, centrioles, vacuoles, etc.
Cell membrane :
Cell membrane is outer most part of animal cell. Function of cell membrane is to give proper shape and protect it from surroundings. Cell membranes are made up of proteins and lipids.
Nucleus is very important part of animal cell. It controls all cell process. It is mostly located at the center part of cell. Inside nucleus there is nucleolus.
Cytoplasm is a gel (liquid ) like material that contains salts, sugars, amino acids, and carbohydrates.
Endoplasmic reticulum :
Endoplasmic reticulum is important part of animal cell. It is generally sac like structure that use for transport of proteins.
Golgi bodies :
Golgi bodies are disk like structure that stores proteins and lipids.
Some of other important parts of cell are ribosomes, mitochondria, centrioles, vacuoles, etc.
Similarities between Animal and Plant cell :
There are many similarities between animal cell and plant cell. They are :
- Animal and plant cell both are living things.
- They both contains parts like contain membrane,nucleus, mitochondria, endoplasmic reticulum, golgi bodies, etc.
- Since the both are living bodies, they both grows and reproduces.
- They have there distinct DNA.
Difference between Animal and Plant cell :
There are many difference between animal cell and plant cell. They are :
|S.N||Animal Cell||Plant Cell|
|1||They have round (circular ) shape.||They have rectangular shape.|
|2||They do not have cell wall.||They have cell wall.|
|3||They do not have chloroplast.||They have chloroplast.|
|4||Animal cell contains two or more vacuole.||Plant cell contains one single large vacuole.|
|5||Animal cell are enclosed by cell membrane.||Plant cell are enclosed by cell wall.|
|6||Nucleus of animal cell can be in any where inside animal cell.||Nucleus of plant cell is located at the center.|
Animal cell model labeled :
This science project animal cell model with labels helps students to learn about all parts of animal cell in detail. We have made all parts of animal cell and label it using paper flags. This is nice way to make 3d model of animal cell school project.
Advantages of Working model project for school :
There are many advantages of animal cell model project for school. Some of them are listed below.
- This 3d model helps to understand about animal cell.
- It inspires school students for making science projects.
- This working model science project can be cool 7th grade animal cell model.
Safety tips while making Pulley :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass that protects your eyes.
- We suggest to do this science project with your parents, teachers or any elders.
Alternative process for 3d model of animal cell :
There are a lot of science projects you can do in place of this particular science project. Some of science projects ideas using pulley are :
Manual elevator Science project : Manual elevator is a science project that helps us to understand about advantages of pulley. It teaches us how to make manual lift. This science project is one good idea if you are 7th grade student.
Pin Wheel Experiment : Pin wheel science experiment is cool science project for kids. It teaches students about convection process. It is fun to make this science project and demo at our house or at school.
Electric Generator Science Project is another cool science project that helps us to learn about production of electricity. In this science project we rotate a large wheel that rotates shaft of dc motor and produce electric energy.
Also read Science fair projects for students :
- Robotic Arm
- Wheel And Axle Science Experiment
- Earth Layers Science project
- Rising Water Experiment
- Seed Germination Experiment
If you are searching any science project working models. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This documentation can be best for your working model of animal cell.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.