It is always fun to do science works. Magnet is not a new terms for any student. We have to read about magnet and magnetism as it is in our text book. The best way to learn about magnet is by performing science fair projects. This type of experiment always helps students for better understand about the subject.
Flying rocket is a cool toy. This awesome toy can be great science fair projects for magnets. If you are searching science fair project ideas. By following simple law of magnet, many great projects can be build. Well today we are making a simple flying rocket.
This science project helps us to learn about magnetic properties. we have been making lots for science experiments ideas in our website. If you are searching any school science projects then this one can be great idea for science fair projects.
Flying rocket magnet project best suits for school students from class 4 to class 6.
What is Flying rocket ?
Flying rocket is a simple science project. This project can also be great toy for your kids an little brothers and sisters. The special thing about this project is it seems as flying in sky. I think this project also helps us to increase our creativity.
This science experiment helps us in two different ways. One is primary we can learn about law of magnet and its properties. It also helps learn about art and craft. The concept of flying rocket can be used for building different things.
Science Fair Projects For Magnets helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to make Flying rocket at home ?
- What are different properties of magnet ?
- How to use magnet.
- It can be one of the science project ideas.
This experiment is best way to learn about properties of magnet. From this cool science project we can make a cool toy.
Materials Required To Flying Rocket :
This project is a simple science project made from different materials found around our house. We have made this science experiment using very simple materials. Some of materials needed for this science fair ideas for magnet are :
- The main essential material for or project is magnet. We have taken to small rectangular magnet. And a small round magnet. You can get these magnet form nearby science house.
- Cardboard is another material. We use cardboard for making rocket.
- Origami paper or color paper is needed for better design of rocket and other set up.
- Glue is always needed to attach different materials.
- Lastly we also need a string and other basic materials like pencil, scissor, scale, cutting cut mat board, hot melting glue, etc.
How To Make Flying Rocket Step By Step :
After all materials are collected, now its time to make this cool science project.
- First of all take a a white paper for making a guide shape of rocket. I have used a yellow color paper for this purpose.
- I suggest you to put your creativity and make awesome rocket shape or air plane.
- Using this guide line make the outline to the cardboard. Refrencing this guide line i have cut the cardboard using exacto knife. If you do not have diy knife you can use any knife.
- As a rocket shaped cardboard is obtained. Its time to glue circular magnet on the top of the rocket. For this cut the circle at the top of rocket as in video. And glue the circular magnet at that place.
- For better design i have glued a yellow, green, white and red color paper over this rocket.
- Now its time to make the stand for our rocket.
- First take two rectangular cardboard. We have to carve a hole on this cardboard where we put two magnets.
- Similarly a base and side cardboard are prepared. We have also covered these cardboard with color paper fro better look.
- As our stand is ready. Glue the magnet inside the hole we made. Also apply some hot melting glue. Hot glue is also used o glue base, side and top cardboard.
- We have used two small scrap cardboard for steady stand.
- Finally,Our flying rocket science fair is completed. You can demo this project at science fairs and also learn about the magnet.
Flying Rocket Video :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this science project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
How does Rocket Fly’s ?
As in our flying rocket project. The rocket we built fly’s. Here we have not use any reaction. This is simply due to attraction of two magnets. Basically what happens is, South pole of magnet situate at the top of stand attracts the north pole of the circular magnet glued at the rocket.
” Opposite poles of a magnet(“south pole and north pole” or “north pole and south pole”) attract with each other “
Properties of magnet :
Here are five different properties of magnet that we must know as an middle school student.
- Magnet always attracts the magnetic substance like iron , nickel, cobalt, etc.
- Like pole of bar magnet (“south pole and south pole” or “north pole and north pole”) re pail with each other.
- Opposite poles of a bar magnet (“south pole and north pole” or “north pole and south pole”) attract with each other.
- A freely suspended bar magnet always shows north and south pole. This is the law which we are proving via our science project.
- When we measure the attracting force on a bar magnet then attracting capacity at the poles is always greater then in middle parts.
Advantages of Making Flying Rocket :
There are lots of advantages of this science project. We have mention some of the merits :
- Due to this project, It helps school students for learning and clearly understand the properties of magnet. As this experiment is directly application of one of the property of magnet.
- This project helps us to learn different properties of magnet. One here is dissimilar poles if magnet attracts each other.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas for middle school students.
Safety Tips While Making This Magnet Experiment :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass that protects your eyes.
- Carefully handle the appliance such as scissor and diy knife.
- Properly handle the glue and hot melting glue. Since it may make you dirty and hot melting glue may burn your hands.
- After you complete your science project, Always wash your hand with soap.
- I always suggest to do this science project with your parents, teachers or any elders.
Some Of Magnet Experiment :
Alternative Process For Making Flying Rocket :
We can also make flying rocket in other ways too. For this we change the materials. You can simply make rocket out of wood or thermocole in place of cardboard. You can also use some other type of magnets as availability of magnet.
If you don’t like to make rocket. You can always change the object and make some other objects such as, car, bike, air plane.
Also read Some school Science Projects :
- How To make Hydraulic Jack
- Pin Wheel Science Experiment
- Rising Water Experiment
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- Walking Water Experiment
- Solar System Model
If you like this science project or has any queries about how to make flying rocket. Which is one of the experiment related to magnet. You can simply comment use at our comment section.