How To Make A Solar System Model For School :
How to make a solar system model for school is a cool science project ideas for school. We all have to read about solar system. It will be easy to learn about any thing in practical. When its time to study about 3d model of solar system, we can make it at our class room or at any place. Today we are making solar system project for school students.
With some common materials tat are easily available at our house. We can quickly make this school experiment. We have use some play dough and made this awesome kids science project.
If you are searching some school project ideas for kids. This 3d Solar System Model can be great idea. Solar system model for school is best suitable for school students from class 3,4,5 and 6.
What is 3d solar system model ?
A solar system model for school is a simple astronomy science experiment. It is the perfect demo working model of solar system. We can view form any angle and learn.
Working model of 3d solar system model for school helps us to answers many questions like :
- How To Make A Solar System Model For School ?
- What is Solar system ? What are its planets ?
- How does solar system works ?
- What happens in Solar system ?
- It can be great science fair ideas for kids.
Working model of solar system for school is best way to teach students about solar system. From this school science project we can learn about different members of solar system. Basically we can get knowledge about different planets, sun moon and lot more. Now let us make this science project.
Materials Required to Make A Solar System Model For School :
This working model can be made from different materials. We have made this 3d solar system model using simple materials. Some of materials needed for this kids science project ideas are :
Take nine different colorful play dough. I suggest you to take these colorful play dough of large size. We can also make dough at home and color it as our requirement.
- Take a cardboard having length 30cm and breadth 18cm.
- White and black color paper of A4 size paper is used as back ground and indexing.
- We have used nail for attaching the dough with cardboard.
- Some of other materials needed are metal scale,scissor, pen or pencil, diy knife, etc.
How To Make A Solar System Model For School :
- We have used back ground of cardboard. For this we have glued the black color paper over cardboard.
- First of all let us make orbit. A compass is used to make orbits. Draw nine different orbits having radius of 3cm, 6cm, 9cm and so on making gaps of 3cm each.
- Border of the background is made with white color paper.
- Now let us add sun and planets at this orbit.
- Take a nail and press it on the orbit we have made. Repeat the same process for all nine orbits.
- Let us attach sun. For this take a yellow color play dough and press it to sphere shape. It’s radius must be larger then that of any other planets.
- After sun, we have used purple color play dough and made it mercury. Rose color play dough as Venus and son on.
- Repeat the same process for all eight planets.
- Finally our solar system model for school is ready for demo.
Solar System Model For School Video :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this Solar System Model For School in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Solar system project for School :
Working model of solar system for school is best for kids science project ideas. This project can be performed at home or class room. 3d model of solar system is also best for learning about solar system.
What is solar system ?
We can simply define a solar system as a system bounded via gravitational force. This system has members of sun and eight other planet. All planets revolve round the sun in as specific path called orbit.
What are the members of solar system ?
There is one star and that is Sun. There are eight different planets. They are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Numbers of satellite regarding the planets are also found in solar system. Millions of comets are also found here.
A sun is the hot glowing star to which all planets revolve around there orbits. It provides the light and warmth for us.
Our life is possible due to sun
Planets are the the heavenly body that that revolves round the sun through it’s orbit. There are eight different planets in solar system. They are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
Satellite are the heavenly body that revolver round the planets in there own orbit. Earth’s satellite is called moon.
Orbit is the imaginary path through which planets revolves the sun. Moon also moves round the earth via orbit. Orbit is not perfectly round in shape but in fact it is oval in shape.
Advantages of solar system model for school :
There are lots of advantages of this solar system model for school. We have mention some of the merits :
- We can get knowledge about solar system.
- 3d model of solar system help us to get knowledge about sun, planets, satellite and comets.
- This 3D model makes us easy to understand about solar system.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas for kids.
- It also helps us to make different shapes using play dough.
Safety tips while making 3D solar system model for school :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass which protects your eyes.
- Carefully handle knife otherwise it might cut our hand.
- Do this science project with your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative process of making 3d model solar system :
There are lots of ways to make solar system model for school. We can make the 3d model of solar system using therocole also. We have used nail for attaching play dough. You can simply glue the play dough with cardboard. This reduces the accident regarding nail.
We can also add a wire for demonstrating orbit. A cardboard box can also be used for demo of solar system.
Some of school science projects for kids :
- How To make Hydraulic Jack
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- School Science project Lungs Model
- Floating Egg Experiment
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- How To make Compass At Home
- Pin Wheel Science Experiment
For more, Science Projects Projects log on to SCHOOLSCIENCEEXPERIMENTS.COM