How To make a flying aeroplane is a cool process to make science project. Magnet is the term that we read in our book. It is best way to learn about magnet via experiment. Today we are learning how to make a flying plane. For this we are using a concept of magnetism.
Experiment with magnet “flying air plane”. This is awesome science fair projects with magnets. If you are searching science fair project ideas. This is cool idea if you are middle school student. We can make a simple toy using simple law of magnet.
This science project helps us to learn about magnetic properties. we have been making lots for science experiments ideas in our website. If you are searching any school science projects then this one can be great idea for science fair projects.
What is Flying Aeroplane ?
Flying aeroplane is a nice school science project related to magnet. We have made a awesome toy project using some common materials found in our house. A to air plane is made to fly using two magnets.
How to make a flying aeroplane helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to make Flying air plane at home ?
- Different properties of magnet.
- Experiment with magnet.
- It can be one of the science project ideas.
This experiment is best way to learn about properties of magnet. From this cool science project we can make cute flying air plane. Also can learn about magnet.
Materials Required To Make Flying Air Plane:
While talking about different materials while making this experiment. We have used some stationary items that are easily available around our house. Some of materials needed for this science projects with magnet are :
- The main essential material for or project is magnet. We have used three small bar magnets. You can get these magnets via book shop. If you can’t get near by store. There is always online stores like amazon, eBay etc.
- Cardboard is another material. We have use cardboard for making base. If you don’t have cardboard then you can also use ply wood.
- Origami paper or color paper is needed for better design.
- Glue is always needed to attach different materials.
- We need four thumb pin for holding the string.
- Lastly we also need a string and other basic materials like pencil, scissor, scale, cutting cut mat board, hot melting glue, etc.
How To Make A Flying Aeroplane Step By Step :
After all materials are collected, now its time to make this cool science project.
- First of let us make a base. For this we have used a cardboard. The measurement of cardboard is length 24 cm and breadth of 21 cm.
- We have used a yellow color paper to wrap the the cardboard for better design. You can also use other type of paper or origami paper.
- Now its time to to glue the magnet at the middle of board. For this we have used two bar magnet and glued it at the middle using hot melting glue.
- After this we its time to make knot on string. Make four different knot at the ends.
- As the knots are made its time to put on the cardboard. For holding these string we have used four different thumb pins at the end.
- At the middle where two string intersects, a bar magnet is glued using hot melting glue. Note – This magnet must be kept so that the it repeal to previous two magnet .
- Lastly its time to glue the toy air plane over the magnet.
- Finally,Our flying air plane science project is completed. You can demo this science project at home or at science fair and also learn about the magnet.
Experiment With Magnet in Video :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this science project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
How does Air plane Fly’s ?
As in our flying air plane project. We have arrange the magnet so that they repeal each other and that causes our toy air plan fly.
Basically what happens is, same pole (south pole) of magnet situate at the top of sting facing down side and other magnet is glued at the base. This magnet south pole is facing upward.
” Similar poles of a magnet(“south pole and south pole” or “north pole and north pole”) repel with each other “
Properties of magnet :
Here are five different properties of magnet that we must know as an middle school student.
- Like pole or similar pole of bar magnet (“south pole and south pole” or “north pole and north pole”) re pail with each other.
- Magnet always attracts the magnetic substance like iron , nickel, cobalt, etc.
- Opposite poles of a bar magnet (“south pole and north pole” or “north pole and south pole”) attract with each other.
- A freely suspended bar magnet always shows north and south pole. This is the law which we are proving via our science project.
- When we measure the attracting force on a bar magnet then attracting capacity at the poles is always greater then in middle parts.
Advantages of Flying Air plane Project :
There are lots of advantages of this science project. We have mention some of the merits :
- Due to this project, It helps school students for learning and clearly understand the properties of magnet. As this experiment is directly application of one of the property of magnet.
- This project helps us to learn different properties of magnet. One we use here is similar poles of magnet repel each other.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas for middle school students.
Safety Tips While Making This Magnet Experiments :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass that protects your eyes.
- Properly handle the glue and hot melting glue. Since it may make you dirty and hot melting glue may burn your hands.
- After you complete your science project, Always wash your hand with soap.
- I always suggest to do this science project with your parents, teachers or any elders.
Some Of Magnet Experiment :
Alternative Process For Making Flying Air plane :
We can also make flying air plane in other ways too. For this we change the materials. You can simply use plywood in place of cardboard base.
You can always change the object at the top and replace plane with car, bike , etc.
you can also make flying pencil project ( Levitating Pencil Science project). This project also has same concept. That similar pole of magnet repel with each other.
Also read Some school Science Projects :
- How To make Hydraulic Jack
- Pin Wheel Science Experiment
- Rising Water Experiment
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- Walking Water Experiment
- Solar System Model
If you like this science project or has any queries about how to make flying airplane. Which is one of the experiment related to magnet. You can simply comment use at our comment section.