Magnetic car has got great trends among kids. There are lots of car toys. We can make one for our self. So, let us learn How to make a Magnetic Car ?
Magnetic car helps us to learn about magnet. Magnetism is one of the branch of physics. Form this science project we can learn about magnet, It’s properties and how to use them.
Magnetic car is one easy science project for class 5. But is also suitable for students of grade 4 and 6 too.
How to make a Magnetic Car ?
With simple concept of magnetic property .” Like pole of bar magnet (“south pole and south pole” or “north pole and north pole”) re pail with each other.” We can make a simple car and play.
Magnetic car science project helps us to answers some questions like :
- What is magnet?
- How to make a Magnetic Car?
- Properties of magnet.
- Uses of magnet.
Materials required for magnetic toy car :
Let as make the list of materials that are necessary for making this science projects.
- 4 Bearings,
- Wooden block,
- Double tape,
- 2 Bamboo Stick.
Some of other basic materials we need are cutting mat, hot melting glue, scissor, etc.
Bearings are metal wheel that can rotate in constant speed. It makes linear motion. They are mostly used in wheels of vehicles, skateboard, etc.
How to make a Magnet Car At Home :
After collection of all the materials, It is time to start our science project. Here is step by step guide to make magnetic car.
- First of all take a bamboo stick. Now attach a bearings in one end of bamboo stick using double tape.
- Repeat this procedure for all other three ends.
- Take a wooden block and attach these bamboo stick using double tape.
- Now lastly stick one door magnet at one end of wooden block.
- Lastly take another door magnet and place near to this magnetic car.
- Finally, our science project is ready for demo.
Magnetic car Science Project Video :
For better demo of this project, you can simply follow below video.
Here is full process of making this science fair project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have created many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
We can learn a lot of knowledge from this Cool science project. Some of the important topics are noted bellow.
What is magnet ?
Magnet is simply a substance that has its one field called as magnetic field. It attract magnetic substance such as nickel cobalt, iron,etc.
Properties of magnet :
Here are five different properties of magnet that we must know as an middle school student.
- Magnet always attracts the magnetic substance like iron , nickel, cobalt, etc.
- Like pole of bar magnet (“south pole and south pole” or “north pole and north pole”) re pail with each other.
- Opposite poles of a bar magnet (“south pole and north pole” or “north pole and south pole”) attract with each other.
- A freely suspended bar magnet always shows north and south pole. This is the law which we are proving via our science project.
- When we measure the attracting force on a bar magnet then attracting capacity at the poles is always greater then in middle parts.
Uses of magnet For School Students :
There are lots of uses of magnet. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Compass. A small bar magnet can be used to find direction. When a bar magnet is freely suspended then it shows north and south direction.
- Locking doors ,windows and other locks.
- Sound system. Magnet are main component of sound system. We can see round magnet in different amplifiers and headphones.
- DC motor.
- Electricity generation such as in hydro projects.
- It is used in medical devices such as MRI.
- Door bell.
- House hold appliances such as blender, hover, vacuum cleaner , etc.
Advantages of how to make a Magnetic Car Science project :
There are lots of advantages of this homemade car science project. We have mention some of the merits below :
- This project helps us to understand and application of magnet.
- Magnetic car brings the concept of free energy.
- it helps us to learn properties of magnet.
- This science project inspires students for interest in science workshops.
Safety Tips for DIY Magnetic Car Science Project :
Our first priority before doing any science project is safety. Anyone must protecting him self or her self is prerequisite.
- Always ware a safety glass while making science projects, that protects your eyes.
- Carry out this science project in presence of your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative project for how to make a flashlight :
There are many science project which is similar to this project. A toilet roll can take place of wooden block. This makes our car more lighter and can run easily. Coke bottle can also replace the bearings as a wheel.
Some of cool science project using dc motor :
- Simple electric car.
- Earthquake detector project
- Lungs model
- How to make compass at home ?
- Generate electricity from dc motor
Q&A on Magnetic Car Science Project:
1. What is magnetic car ?
Diy magnetic car is simply a science project idea. This science project helps student to learn about magnet.
Magnetic Car Science Experiment Report :
If you are searching any 5th grade science fair projects. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This documentation can be best for your working model.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.