Rising Water Experiment For School Students :
Rising water experiment for school students is a cool science project. We can learn science better with experiments. There are lots of experiments for air pressure. Today we are doing demo project for atmospheric pressure experiment.
This project can be easily done with materials found inside house. Hence, it can also be easily done at home. We have used some of common materials such as , glass, water colors and candle for making this cool science project.
If you are searching some school project ideas with candle. This science project rising water experiment can be great idea. Rising water experiment is best suitable for school students from class 3, 4 and 5 .
What is Rising Water Experiment ?
When we place a candle on a plate containing water and light it. As we enclose this with water glass in mean time candle will turn off and water will rise. This experiment is called rising water experiment.
this project candle with water experiment is related to physics. We can easily demonstrate this project and also gain knowledge via this project.
Rising water science experiment helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to make rising water experiment ?
- What is rising water experiment ?
- What is Charles’s Law ?
- How does rising water project works ?
- It can be great science fair ideas for kids.
This experiment is best way to teach students about Charle’s law . From this cool science project ideas we can learn about atmospheric pressure. We can also get knowledge about how to do science project.
Materials Required For Rising water experiment :
This project can be made from different home made materials. We have made this science experiment using simple materials. Some of materials needed for this Air displacement experiment are :
- Take a water glass. It is best if we use larges size glass.
- We can use a normal size candle. We have used white color large size candle.
- Water color is also needed for this science project. If you don’t have water color then, food color will also works.
- Take a plate where we pour water.
- A simple dropper is needed to add color in water.
- Also take a half glass of water.
- Match stick is also needed in this science project.
How To Make Rising Water Experiment Step By Step :
After all materials are collected now its time to demo this science project.
- First fall take a plate and pour water in it. In our case we have used a yellow color small size plate.
- Using dropper, in our case we are using a straw to add blue color ink on water.
- Slowly stair the water for perfect color.
- Now take a candle and put on this plate and light up the candle using match stick.
- Cover the candle with water class slowly.
- At mean time candle will turn off and water will rise displacing the air.
- Finally our rising water science project is completed.
Candle Water Experiment Video :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this science project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Rising Water Experiment :
This rising water experiment is cool science experiment that can be your science fair ideas. We can perform this experiment in our house and learn science. Form this project we get knowledge about different terms such as Charles’s Law, water displacement, air displacement and atmospheric pressure.
What is atmospheric pressure ?
Atmospheric pressure is simply pressure exerted by atmosphere. Atmospheric pressure is measured by special device known as barometer. A normal atmospheric pressure is 101.325 kPa. For better information we recommend you to follow Wikipedia.
When we cover the burning candle with water glass. We see that slowly candle turns off. This proves that to burn any thing the most important thing is oxygen. As the candles turn off there occurred the low pressure since oxygen is burns out. As result water is filled in place of air.
What is Charles’s Law ?
” Charles’s Law is the principle that describes the property of air (gas) when subjected to heat. ”
It state that volume of fix mass of ideal gas is directly proprietorial to temperature.
Advantages of air displacement experiment :
There are lots of advantages of this air displacement experiment. We have mention some of the merits :
- We can get knowledge about property of gas.
- This project helps us to learn about Charles’s Law and its equation which is important equation.
- It also helps to learn about atmospheric pressure.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas for kids.
Safety tips while making water displacement experiment :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass which protects your eyes.
- Carefully handle the ink. Otherwise your hands will get dirty.
- Since we have to burn the candle for this experiment. We suggest you to ware the gloves.
- Do this science project with your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative process of making air displacement experiment :
This cool science projects for kids can be performed alternatively also. We can also use a beaker in place of simple glass. There are lots of other experiments for proving air displacement experiment. We can simply take a water bottle, balloon, straw and beaker and perform experiment proves the principle.
Some of school science projects for kids :
- How To make Hydraulic Jack
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- School Science project Lungs Model
- Floating Egg Experiment
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- How To make Compass At Home
- Pin Wheel Science Experiment
If you like this science project or has any queries. You can simply comment use at our comment section.
For more, Science Projects Projects log on to SCHOOLSCIENCEEXPERIMENTS.COM