Air Pressure Experiments With Water :
Air pressure experiment is a cool experiment that can be great science fair ideas. We can make a lot of experiment related to air pressure. Today we are making and demonstrating air pressure with water and balloon. This awesome physics project can be easily made at your house or at classroom.
Our school project also helps in recycling concept. Here we have reuse the old soda bottle and a straw.
What is Air Pressure ?
Air pressure is simply weight exerted by a atmosphere towards earth’s surface. Air pressure is measured by a special type of instrument known as barometer. We can prove and learn about air pressure via performing different experiments. One we are learning today with the help of balloon and water.
If you are searching some science fair ideas for school students. This physics project can be great topics. Air pressure experiment is best suitable for school students from class 4 to 6.
This air pressure experiment with balloon helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to do air pressure experiment ?
- What is air pressure ?
- School science fair ideas.
Air pressure experiment is best way to explain Atmospheric pressure. From this school science project we can learn about pressure, force, etc. Now let us make our science project.
Materials Required for Air Pressure Experiment :
We have made this cool science project using simple materials found at our house. Some of materials needed for making air pressure experiment are :
- Take a clean and color less plastic bottle. In my case i have used a clear coco cola plastic bottle. You can also use any other colorless plastic bottle on any shape and size.
- Another important material of our experiment is a balloon. It can be of any size. Better is the medium size one for better demo.
- A used or new straw is needed for this science experiment. It is better if we use a color straw. Since it makes clear view.
- It is always better to use a color water. For this we have use a blue ink, as it is easily available. You can also use food color or any other paint.
- We also need a clear glass. You can use any type of transparent vessel too.
- Some of other basic materials are also needed such as hot melting glue, sharp knife, metal scale, etc.
Air Pressure Experiment Step By Step :
As our materials are collected, now let us start our science workshop. I suggest you to follow bellow steps for, How to make air pressure experiment with water and balloon.
- First of all take a clear transparent plastic bottle. With the help of Diy knife genteelly make a hole at the middle for bottle.
- We have to rotate in clock wise and anticlockwise wise direction for making perfect round shape hole. You can also use a hot pointed material for making hole such as soldering rod. Hole must be exact size of straw.
- After hole is final its time to pass the straw through it and seal it using hot melting glue.
- Now, let us take water and add some blue ink for better indication. We can also use other colors. After this pour this water inside plastic bottle.
- Our next step is to take a flamed balloon and fit it on the top of plastic bottle. As we fix balloon water starts to flow towards glass.
- Finally our school science project air pressure experiment is ready for demo.
Air Pressure Experiments With Water and balloon Video :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this school science project air pressure experiment in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Air Pressure Experiments With Water And Balloon Explanation :
We can learn many things via this water and balloon experiment. Some of the important topics are noted bellow.
- Atmospheric pressure :
Atmospheric pressure can be defined as the pressure exerted by atmosphere towards earths surface. Normally value of atmospheric pressure is 760 mm of HG at sea level.
- What is pressure ?
Pressure can be defined as “The ration of force applied perpendicularly per unit area.” Unit of pressures is pascal. Pressure can be calculated using formula P=F/A. There are many types of pressure some of them are absolute pressure, gauge pressure,atmospherics pressure, etc.
- Potential energy ?
We can learn about potential energy with this experiment. As per the definition of potential energy “It is the type of energy possessed by a body via its position or stress with in itself or due to electric charge”. Well here we have used a flamed balloon. Which contains a pressured air inside balloon. This air always try’s to flow outside the balloon.
As a result this air forces water to flow out of plastic bottle. Hence, water flows outside towards glass.
Advantages of Air Pressure Experiments With Water and balloon :
There are lots of advantages of this experiment . We have mention some of the merits below :
- We can get knowledge about the air pressure and atmospheric pressure.
- This project also helps us to learn about potential energy.
- Some of the science terms such as potential energy, stress, atmospheric pressure are introduce in this experiment. This helps us to get knowledge about this science terms.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas.
- It also motivate us in science work shops.
Safety tips while making Air Pressure Experiments :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass which protects your eyes.
- Care fully use hot melting glue. If not it may burn your hands.
- Properly handle Diy knife otherwise it my cut.
- Do this science project with your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative process for making Air Pressure Experiments :
We can make a lot of science experiments that properly explains air pressure. One of good experiment is one we have shown above.
If you are searching some other science project that explains air pressure. Then you can demo the project known as air pressure with candle. Here we have to put burning candle inside the vessel. At the bottom we pour some color water. As we put the vessel above burning candle. After some time candle will be burn out. And some water will rise up. To replace the volume of air burned.
Some of cool school science experiments :
- How to make Water Dispenser
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- School Science project Lungs Model
- Floating Egg Experiment
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- How To make Compass At Home
If you like this science project or has any queries about how to do air pressure experiment. Which is one of the experiment related to pressure. You can simply comment use at our comment section.
For more, Science Projects Projects log on to SCHOOLSCIENCEEXPERIMENTS.COM