How To Make Walking Water Experiment :
How to make walking water experiment is a beautiful science project for kids. It is always fun to make science works and learn the particular via practical. Kids are often curious and catch easily if they are interested in the subject. To day we are making a brilliant science experiment simply known as walking water experiment.
This project can be easily done with house hold materials. Hence, it can also be easily done at home. We have used some of common materials as toilet paper, glass, water colors for making this cool science project.
If you are searching some school project ideas for kids. This science project waking water experiment can be great idea. Walking water experiment is best suitable for school students from class 3, 4 and 5 .
What is walking water experiment ?
When we dip paper towel on the colorful water then, We can see that color slowly moves towards dry paper towel. This process is known as walking water experiment.
Walking water project is related to chemistry and physics stream. We can easily demonstrate this project and also gain knowledge via this project.
Walking water science experiment helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to make walking water experiment ?
- What is rainbow walking water ?
- What is capillary action ?
- How does walking water works ?
- It can be great science fair ideas for kids.
This experiment is best way to teach students about science. From this science projects for kids we can learn about chemical reaction and capillary action.We can also get knowledge about results of color combination.
Materials Required to Make Walking Water Experiment :
This project can be made from different materials. We have made this science experiment using simple materials. Some of materials needed for this kids science project ideas are :
Take four empty water glass. It can be of any size. We recommend you to take medium size water glass.
- A white paper towel is needed. We can also use a toilet paper roll in place of paper towel.
- Water color is essential materials for this science project. If you don’t have water color then, food color will also works.
- We need a jug of clean water.
- A simple dropper is needed to add color in water.
How To Make A Walking Water Experiment :
After all materials are collected now its time to demo this science project.
- First fall take a glass and pour water about to full.
- Using dropper, in our case we are using a straw to add water color on water.
- Slowly stair the water for perfect color. We have used yellow, pink, blue and green colors.
- Now take a roll of toilet rolls and tear three sections as one paper towel. Take three pieces of paper.
- Gently deep one end of paper to one color glass and next end to next color water. Repeat the same process for all three papers.
- Finally our walking water science project is ready for demo.
How To Make Walking Water Experiment Video :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this science project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Walking Water Experiment Explanation :
This cool science project can be performed any where either in your class room or at your house. It helps us to learn about many scene terms such as capillary action.
What is capillary action ?
Capillary action is the property of liquid to move (flow) in any path with out any external force. This process can act against gravity also. For better detail about capillary action i suggest Wikipedia.
This cool science experiment helps us to learn about color science. When we put the toilet paper into two color water. Then water starts to flow towards dry paper. At the middle these two color mixes and new color is introduced.
The primary colors are red, blue, and yellow. Some of the color result are :
Yellow + Blue = Green
Yellow + Orange = Marigold
Yellow + Green = Chartreuse
Red + Yellow= Orange
Red + Orange = Vermilion
Red + Purple = Magenta
Blue + Red= Purple
Blue + Green = Aquamarine
Blue + Purple = Violet
Advantages of science project walking water :
There are lots of advantages of this walking water science experiment. We have mention some of the merits :
- We can get knowledge about property of water.
- This project helps us to learn about capillary action.
- It also helps to learn about color combination.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas for kids.
Safety tips while making walking water science experiment :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass which protects your eyes.
- Carefully handle the colors. Otherwise your hands will get dirty.
- Do this science project with your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative process of making rainbow walking water experiment :
This cool science project can be performed alternatively also. We can also use a decorative glass in place of simple glass. Paper towel can be use in place of toilet paper. If we do not get either paper towel or toilet paper. Simple white color paper can also do the work. News paper can also be one option.
We can use six different colors and make some beautiful shapes like star. This will make this project far more interesting in visual. Which will help us for proper demonstrate the science project.
Some of school science projects for kids :
- How To make Hydraulic Jack
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- School Science project Lungs Model
- Floating Egg Experiment
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- How To make Compass At Home
- Pin Wheel Science Experiment
Walking water experiment display board :
If you are searching ideas and data table for walking water science experiment. I hope this experiment can be of great help. You can illustrate it in display board and better explain.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.
For more, Science Projects Projects log on to SCHOOLSCIENCEEXPERIMENTS.COM