Science experiments are best means for learning science. There are a lot of science projects corresponding to students grades. Today we are learning 5 best 8th Grade Science Fair Projects. These science project ideas are fun to make and we can learn many topics concurrently. Now let use see this middle school science projects.
These 8th Grade Science Projects are :
- Hydraulic jack science project
- 3D Solar System Model
- Air Displacement science project
- Newton’s Cradle Model
- Air Pressure Experiment
Eight grade science fair projects are made with simple materials like cardboard, medical tube, hot melting glue, etc. You can easily get them items around your house and renaming you can buy from electrical stores.
We can learn various science terms from these class 8 science projects. These science terms such as working of hydraulic system, pressure, force, solar system, air pressure, air displacement, Newton’s Cradle, etc are introduced while making these science projects.
8th Grade Science Fair Projects :
This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have created many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
1. Hydraulic Jack Science Project :
Hydraulic jack is a class 8 science project that can be built easily. This eight grade science project points the concept of hydraulic system.
What is hydraulic system?
” Hydraulic system is a technology where fluid is used to move objects by applying pressure. ”
This system has wide range of applications . We can see this technology from simple lift to heavy duty cairns. A cylinder vessel contain fluid that is puss via pump. This energy is used to push or lift load.
You can learn how to make hydraulic jack science project from our website.
This eight grade science fair project is made via common items like cardboard, bamboo stick, medical pipe and syringe, etc.
Applications of hydraulic system :
- We all has used a pump to blow air inside ball and bicycle tube. This useful device pump is based on this principle.
- Hydraulic brakes is another phenomenal technology. This system helps to prevent dangerous accidents.
- In industry we can see hydraulic lifts, hydraulic crane, etc.
- This system is also used for lifting heavy loads in ship ports and airports.
Advantages of hydraulic jack :
- Hydraulic jack science project gives us idea about working of hydraulic system.
- Hydraulic jack helps to make our work easier and faster.
- We can lift heavy load easily using this device.
- Mechanical advantage of hydraulic system is high.
- This science projects for class 8 can be one cool idea for next science fair.
2. 3D Solar System Model :
Solar system model is one cool Science Projects for 8th grade. Solar system is a topic under astronomy branch. This middle school science project helps use to learn about different members of solar system.
What is solar system?
” Solar system is system of heavenly bodies in which planets, satellite, asteroids, comets, etc moves round sun in its own path orbit. ”
Sun is main component of solar system. There are 9 planets. They are mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.
You can learn how to make 3D solar system model from our webpage.
This science project for class 8 is made with house hold materials.they are play dough, color paper, diy knife, pen, scale, cardboard, etc.
Advantages of 3D solar system model :
- We can get knowledge about solar system.
- 3d model of solar system help us to get knowledge about sun, planets, satellite and comets.
- This 3D model makes us easy to understand about solar system.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas for kids.
- It also helps us to make different shapes using play dough.
3. Air Displacement Science Project :
Air displacement is a simple science projects for 8th grade . This science experiment helps us to get knowledge about pressure and air pressure.
” When we place a water glass downside over glowing candle on a plate containing water. After some time candle will turn off and water will rise displacing air. ”
Form this project we get knowledge about different terms such as Charles’s Law, water displacement, air displacement and atmospheric pressure.
What is atmospheric pressure ?
Atmospheric pressure is simply pressure exerted by atmosphere. Barometer is use to measure atmospheric pressure.
You can learn how to make air displacement science project from our webpage.
This 8 class science project is made with common items like water glass, candle, water and plate.
Advantages of Air Displacement Science Project :
- We can get knowledge about property of gas.
- This project helps us to learn about Charles’s Law and its equation which is important equation.
- Air displacement experiment helps to learn about atmospheric pressure.
- This science project can be science fair ideas for 8th grade.
4. Newton’s Cradle Model :
Newton’s Cradle Model is a device purpose by great scientist Newton. This eight grade science fair projects is great way to learn about conservation of energy.
What is Newton’s Cradle ?
” Newton’s Cradle is a device that demonstrate law of conservation of momentum and energy. ”
Here we lift one marble and leave it from a specific height. After this first marble hits second one and then next. This process continues till last marble. After last one it again returns in similar process as in previous direction.
This process continues for some period of time and after it stops as energy is conserved.
You can learn How to make Newton’s Cradle from our webpage.
With items such as cardboard, thread, marble we can make this 8th grade science fair projects.
Advantages of Newton’s Cradle model :
There are lots of advantages of this science experiment. We have mention some of the merits below :
- We can get knowledge about Newton’s Cradle.
- This science project gives ideas about conservation of momentum and energy .
- Newton’s Cradle encourage use to make new science devices
- It motivate us to do science working model.
5. Air Pressure Science Experiment :
Air pressure science experiment is a cool 8th class science project that helps to understand about air pressure and atmospheric pressure.
What is air pressure ?
” Air pressure is simply weight exerted by a atmosphere towards earth’s surface. Air pressure is measured by a special type of instrument known as barometer. ”
What is pressure ?
” The ration of force applied perpendicularly per unit area. ” Unit of pressures is pascal. Formula of pressure. ( P=F/A )
You can learn how to make Air pressure science experiment from our webpage.
This eighth grade science projects is made with materials like balloon, plastic bottle, straw and water glass.
Advantages of Air Pressure Science Project :
There are lots of advantages of this air pressure science project. We have mention some of the merits below :
- We can get knowledge about the air pressure and atmospheric pressure.
- This project also helps us to learn about potential energy.
- Terms as potential energy, force, atmospheric pressure are introduce in this experiment.
- This science project can be 8th grade science fair ideas.
Safety tips for 8th grade science fair projects :
Our first priority before doing any science project is safety. Anyone must protecting him self or her self is prerequisite.
- Always ware a safety glass while making science projects, that protects your eyes.
- Care fully handle the diy knife. Otherwise it may hurt you.
- Carry out this science project in presence of your parents, teachers or any seniors.
Some of New School Science Projects ideas :
- Simple electric car.
- Earthquake detector project
- Lungs model
- How to make compass at home
- Generate electricity from dc motor.
If you are searching 8th Grade science fair projects. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This is documentation that can be best for your work flow and learn different projects for middle school.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.
For more, Science Projects Projects log on to SCHOOLSCIENCEEXPERIMENTS.COM