As a school student we all have to learn about simple machine. There are many types of simple machine which are lever, pulley, wedge, screw, wheel and axle, inclined plane, etc. It is always better to learn about these simple machine via science experiments. Well today we are learning how to make a pulley school project.
There are many ways to make pulley at home. Here er are recycling plastic bottle and making homemade pulley. Plastic bottle pulley is easy to build and effective. Since plastic bottles are available everywhere.
Pulley science project is awesome science fair for grade 5 students.
What is Pulley School Project ?
Pulley is a type of simple machine which contains a wheel in an axle with a belt. We can make this simple machine at home or at school as science fair projects.
Pulley school project helps to understand and learn about pulley. There are three types of pulley fixed pulley, moveable pulley and compound pulley.
Pulley science project helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to make a pulley?
- Different types of pulley?
- Advantages of pulley.
- science fair projects for kids.
Materials Required To Make Plastic Bottle Pulley :
There are a lot of items we need for making plastic bottle pulley. Below are different items list for making this simple machine.
- Medium size plastic bottle
- Bamboo Stick
- DIY Knife
- Rubber Tube
- Cutting mat.
Pulley Science Project Process :
After all materials are collected now its time to do this science experiment.
- First of all take a plastic bottle and cut it into two half using diy knife and scissor.
- Top part of plastic bottle is our bucket. With the help of compass needle make two holes where we tie string.
- Base part of plastic bottle is our main body. Make two small holes according to size of bamboo stick.
- This bamboo stick is our axle and wheel is made with cardboard and rubber.
- Now pass this wheel and axle inside plastic bottle and attach the bucket we have made earlier as in video.
- After it is time to add water. So that it seems a well.
- Finally when we pull one end of string we can take water out from small bucket.
How to Make a Pulley Video ?
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this science project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Pulley School Project Explanation :
We can get a lots of information from this pulley science experiment.
Pulley is a type of simple machine that contains wheel that rotates on an axle with the help of rope. One end of rope contains load and effort is applied at another end.
How do pulley work :
Pulley is a simple machine in which rope is fixed in wheel and axle. In one end of pulley load is fixed and we apply effort at another end of rope.
While doing so it helps to load with load with small effort. Since we don’t have to push load upward. It is easy to apply force in any other desirable direction. This makes our work easy to operate. It also gives mechanical advantage. Which is number of rope attached to lift the load.
Types of pulley :
There are three types of pulley fixed pulley, moveable pulley and compound pulley.
Fixed pulley are those type of pulley in which pulley is fixed at on place. Here load is attach at one end and effort is applied at another end of rope. It is simple to build and easy to handle. One example can be flag.
Moveable pulley are those types pf pulley in which wheel and axle moves with load. Here pulley itself changes position. One of good example is lift.
Compound pulley are those type of pulley that are compilation of two or more then two pulleys. These pulley can be seen at construction work place like crane.
Advantages of pulley :
There are many advantages of pulley. Some of them are listed below.
- Pulley helps to lift heavy load with small effort.
- It gives mechanical advantage while doing work.
- Since we have to apply force at opposite direction of work it is easy to operate. And also needs less force as gravity is added.
- As we only need rope and pulley it is more cheaper then other type of simple machine for lifting load.
Mechanical Advantage of Pulley :
Mechanical advantage can be defined as ration of force produced by a machine with force applied to machine. In case of pulley it is easy to calculate mechanical advantage of pulley.
For pulley ma is number of ropes that are supporting load.
We have done many other simple machine science projects. Some of these science projects are Hydraulic crane science project, Hydraulic JCB Project, Hydraulic Lift, Wheel And Axle Science Project, Robotic Arm science project, etc
Advantages of Pulley Science Experiments :
There are lots of advantages of this school science project. We have mention some of the merits :
- This project helps us to learn about pulley.
- It helps us to understand about advantages of pulley.
- Pulley science project promotes recycle plastic waste.
- This elementary science experiment brings interest in study about science .
Safety tips while making pulley at home :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass that protects your eyes.
- Be careful while cutting plastic bottle.
- Properly dispose the plastic waste. Since it damages our environment.
- We suggest to do this science project with your parents, teachers or any elders.
Alternative process for making Pulley :
There are a lot of science projects with water .
Hydraulic crane science project is a simple science project that helps to lift load. Here we are using syringe. We can learn about hydraulic system via this science project. It is easy and fun to make this science project.
Wheel And Axle Science Project is also another science project for learning about simple machine wheel and axle. Here we are making a traditional well where wheel and axle is used to take water form this well.
Form this science project get man info about wheel and axle.
Air pressure experiments with water is another science experiment with water. This science project helps us to learn about pressure. When we apply pressure via air filled balloon from top of the plastic bottle. Then water inside balloon collects at clear glass.
Also read Science fair projects for students :
- Robotic Arm
- Wheel And Axle Science Experiment
- Earth Layers Science project
- Rising Water Experiment
- Seed Germination Experiment
If you are searching any Simple machine science projects. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This documentation can be best for your working model of pulley .
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.