LED flashlight, a well known appliance from our house. We all use this device to see during dark. It can be found in various models, shapes and size. Today we are learning how to make a flashlight at home. This DIY LED flashlight is easy to make with simple house hold items.
Diy led flashlight has lots of applications. It simply can be used for lighting during night to search stuffs. Some simple modifications can make it use as study lamp.
This science project diy flashlight is best for 6th grade students. But can also suitable for students of grade 5 and 7 class too. Some electronic device such as LED, battery, switch, etc are used while making this science project. This helps to understand about those device and it’s uses.
How To Make A Flashlight At Home ?
Flashlight or simply led torch light is one of the common gadget from our house. There are my types of flash light. Some are powered via battery. Some are made mechanical. Now a days we can see solar flash light also.
With some common materials such as LED, 9 volt battery, resistance, switch and jumping wire. We can make DIY LED flashlight at home.
Homemade flashlight science project helps us to answers some questions like :
- What is flashlight ?
- How to make a flashlight ?
- Different types of flashlight.
- Knowledge about LED.
Materials required for making cool flashlights for kids :
Let as make the list of materials that are necessary for making this science projects.
- LED ,
- 9 volt battery,
- Battery connector,
- Jumping cable.
Some of other basic materials we need are cutting mat, hot melting glue, cutter, scissor, soldering rod, etc. Normally led consumes very less electricity in respect to other electric bulbs.
LED ( light-emitting diode) is a semiconductor device that emits light when current passes through it.
Note : (Led are polarity in nature. i.e, light glows only in one direction of current flow. During opposite polarity light do not glows. )
Main source of power for this science project is 9 volt battery. we can also use any other powers source such as adapter, 1.5 volt batteries.
Switch is not prerequisite in this science project. Use of switch makes easy to power on and off. A simple single pole single throw switch is used.
In case we use a simple 1.5 volt led light. There is compulsory of using resistance. I recommend you using resistance of 1k ohm.
How To Build a Flashlight :
After collecting all the materials, It is time to start our science project. Here we have provided step by step guide to make diy led flashlight.
- First of all take a 9 volt batter. It is primary source of power.
- Take a piece of double tape for gluing switch and led. Alternatively hot melting glue can also be used for this task.
- Connect a battery connector at the terminals.
- With the help of soldering iron solder one end of connector with switch and next with led.
- Now connect opposite end of switch and led with one jumping cable.
- Finally,diy led torch light science project is ready for use.
DIY LED flashlight Video :
For better demo of this project, you can simply follow below video.
Here is full process of making this science fair project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have created many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
We can learn a lot of knowledge from this diy flashlight science project. Some of the important topics are noted bellow.
- LED Flash light :
LED flash light is essential gadget for us. We can categorize flash light ind different types on the basis of power source. Some use a simple battery as main power source. While other uses rechargeable battery. Solar panel are also attached at the body of light that acts as energy source. Where as some use mechanical energy.
- Switch :
Switch is an electronic appliance that us use to cut and connect the electric flow. There are many types of switch. Some of them are single pole single throw switch(SPST), single pole double throw switch (SPDT), double pole single throw switch (DPST) and double pole double throw switch (DPDT) .
- Resistance :
Resistance is an electronic device that is opposite to conductor. It’s unit is ohm.
Advantages of how to make a torch :
There are lots of advantages of this homemade torch light science project. We have mention some of the merits below :
- It is portable in nature. We can carry it easily.
- Homemade torch science project helps us to learn about electric circuit. Student can better understand about open circuit an close circuit via this project.
- We learn how to use electric device such as switch and led.
- this science project inspires students for interest in science workshops.
Safety Tips for DIY LED flashlight Project :
Our first priority before doing any science project is safety. Anyone must protecting him self or her self is prerequisite.
- Always ware a safety glass while making science projects, that protects your eyes.
- Carefully handle soldering rod. It may burn your hand.
- Properly handle hot melting glue as it may harm you.
- Carry out this science project in presence of your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative project for how to make a flashlight :
We can make a lot of science project that is similar to this project. How to make min mixer is one cool science project idea. You can also make since projects that are listed below. These projects can be good science project ideas for up coming science fair.
Some of cool science project using dc motor :
- Simple electric car.
- Earthquake detector project
- Lungs model
- How to make compass at home ?
- Generate electricity from dc motor
Q&A on DIY led Flashlight Science Project:
1. What is the use of flashlight ?
Led flash light is and electronic device that is use to light up during dark.
2. What are alternative of flash light?
Now a day we can get various light sources. There are lots of apps related to light in our smart phone. These apps are good alternatives.
We can also bu different head lights, watches that emits lights.
3. Where can we buy LED flash light?
There are lots of online and offline stores that sell mixers. You can purchase it from near by electronic store. Some of online stores are Amazon, Ali-express, eBay, etc.
4. Why do people choose Led Flash light in place of big torch lights
Portability is one man cause for highly use of led flash light.
Homemade Flashlight Science project Report :
If you are searching any 6th grade science fair projects. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This documentation can be best for your working model.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.