How To Make Layers Of The Earth For Kids :
How to make layers of the earth for kids is a cool science fair ideas for kids. Children can learn about science with simple materials available around them. Today we are making the 3d model of earth. 3d model of earth layers can be made with easily at home. We have used simple children’s play dough and made this awesome kids science project.
If you are searching some science fair ideas for kids.Then this layers of the earth project can be great idea. 3d model of earth is best suitable for school students from class 4,5 and 6.
What is earth layers working model ?
Earth layers working model is a simple 3d model of earths layer. We have learned that there are four different layers in earth. Four different layers of earth are crust, mantle, outer core and inner core.
Working model of 3d model of earth layers helps us to answers many questions like :
- How To Make Layers Of The Earth For Kids ?
- What are different layer of earth ?
- Can be great science fair ideas for kids.
Working model of earth layers experiment is best way to teach students different layers of earth. From this school science project we can learn about earths surface. Now let us make this science project.
Materials Required to Make Layers Of The Earth For Kids :
This working model can be made from different materials. We have made this simple science project using simple materials. Some of materials needed for layers o the earth for kids are :
Take ten different colors of play dough. I suggest you to take these colorful play dough of large size.You can also make these dough at home and color it as your requirement.
- We have used a Diy knife for cutting play dough. You can also use any other type of knife. Best recommended is exacto knife (DIY knife).
- A white color paper is needed. This paper is used for indexing different layers name..
- Some of other materials needed are metal scale,scissor, pen or pencil, etc.
How To Make Layers Of The Earth For Kids :
- First of all we have take a cup of blue color play dough. Press this dough and make a spherical “ball” shape. This color represent the oceans ,seas . Which are on the outer surface of earth crust.
- Take a scale or any rectangular shape object and slightly press making v shape on the spherical ball.
- We have taken small piece of yellow color play dough and stick it to the center of the ball on V shape. This is outer core layer of earth .
- After yellow color play dough orange color dough is used as the inner core.
- Brown color of play dough is finally stick on the outer surface of V shape. This layer is mental layer of our 3d model.
- Lastly different color of play dough are used to make continent. These continent are attached to the outer surface .
- Finally our layers of the earth for kids is ready for demo.
layers of the earth for kids Video :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this school science projects layers of the earth for kids in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
School science projects layers of the earth for kids :
Working model of earths layer is best science project. It can be performed at home or class room. 3d model of earth layers is also best for kids science project ideas. There are four layers of earth according to our text book.
Crust is a outer most layer of earth. This the layer in which we are living. It is said that thickness of crust is from 8km to 32km. It consist of all oceans, cultivable land, mountains,etc.
Mantle is the second outer layer of earth. This is the most thickest layer of earth. It is hard part. There is no any possibilities of living things in this layer of earth.
Outer Core :
Outer core is third layer of earth surface. It is said that thickness of outer core is about 2,200 km. This layer is very hot. Some minerals found in this layer are molten nickel and iron.
Inner Core :
Inner core is the fourth layer of earth surface. It is the inner most layer. This is the hottest among all surface. Its thickness is about 1250km.
We can also divide earths layer in 5 different layers. They are lithosphere, asthenosphere, mesosphere, outer core and inner core.
What is lithosphere ?
lithosphere is the outer most layer of earth surface. It consist of crust and some outer part of mental. This is the rocky part. It also consist of soil.
What is asthenosphere ?
Asthenosphere is the weak layer of upper mental. Asthenosphere is in the semi molten state.
Advantages of Working model of earth layers :
There are lots of advantages of this Working model of earth layers. We have mention some of the merits :
- We can get knowledge about the concept layers of earth.
- 3d model of earths layer help us to get knowledge regarding different layers of earth.
- We can better understand as well as it makes us easy to explain earth’s layer.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas for kids.
- It also helps us to make different shapes using play dough.
Safety tips while making layers of the earths for kids :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass which protects your eyes.
- Carefully handle knife otherwise it might cut our hand.
- Do this science project with your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative process of making 3d model of the earth layer :
There are lots of ways to make working model of earths layer as school science project. We can make the 3d model of earth layer using therocole also. For this simply use spherical thermocole and paint different layers of earth.
Working model of earths layer can also be made using clay also.
Some of school science projects for kids :
- How To make Hydraulic Jack
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- School Science project Lungs Model
- Floating Egg Experiment
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- How To make Compass At Home
- Pin Wheel Science Experiment