We all have lean about Newton’s laws of motion. There are three different laws of motion purposed by great scientist sir Isaac Newton. Today we are learning about Newton’s third law example. How to make boat for school project.
There are lots of science projects that proves 3rd law of motion. Some of famous Newtons 3rd laws of motion projects are pin wheel rocket, An airplane flying leaving the burned fuel in opposite direction, Newton’s Cradle, balloon car, balloon ship, balloon rocket experiment, and lot more.
You can find many school science experiments in our page. We have been making lots of projects for school students. If you are searching physics projects for school projects then this one can be great idea for science fair projects. Well this project How to make a boat for school project can be one.
It best suits for school students from class 4 to class 6.
What is Newton’s Third Law of motion ?
Newton’s Third Law of motion is one of the principal purposed by Sir Isaac Newton which states that ” For every action there is equal and opposite reaction. ” When a flamed balloon is leave open then air starts to come out from open end as a reaction it starts to move in opposite direction.
This science experiment helps us in two different ways. One is primary we can learn about third law of motion and another is we can also learn about art and craft. As we have to make a boat.
Boat experiment helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to make boat for school project ?
- What is Newton’s third law of motion ?
- How does the boat works.
- Newton’s third law examples.
- It can be one of the science project ideas.
This experiment is best way to learn about Newton’s third law of motion. From this cool science project we can learn working mechanism of a boot too.
Materials Required To Make Boat :
This project is a simple science project made from different materials found around our house. We have made this science experiment using very simple materials. Some of materials needed for this homemade boat are :
- We have taken thermocol to make the base boat. Since it can be easily cut.
- A black marker is used to outline the shape of boat. which is guidance for cutting the thermocol.
- We need an diy knife for cutting purpose. If you don’t have diy knife you can use common kitchen knife also.
- Cardboard and origami paper or color paper is needed to make boat.
- We have used three color paper red, blue and green. Yo can also use origami paper.
- Main material of this science project are a balloon and a straw.
- Lastly we also need a string and other basic materials like pencil, scale, cutting cut mat board, hot melting glue, etc.
How To Make Boat For School Project :
After all materials are collected now its time to make this science experiment.
- First of all take a thermocol. A marker is used to make the out line of boat. Use a diy knife to cut following the guide.
- We have use a cardboard to make the boarder. For this it is best to use the thermocol shape as a guide.
- A blue color paper is used to wrap this cardboard boarder for cool design.
- We have made a small hut so that this boat is seen as a boat house. You can escape this house if you don’t like to make.
- Now take a straw and balloon. Make a hole near the back end of boat through which straw can pass.
- Tie this balloon to top end of straw as in below video.
- Other end of straw is the pass through the hole and bend towards the end of boat.
- Finally, this boat for science fair is completed. You can demo this project at science fairs and also learn about the Newton’s 3rd law of motion.
Newton’s Third Law Example Video :
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this science project in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Examples of Newton’s Third Law of Motion :
There are lots of projects regarding the Newtons 3rd law of motion. We have previously add three different projects that verify this law.
Pin wheel is a cool science experiment where a balloon is fixed in a straw in arrangement. So that the balloon starts to rotate when the flamed balloon free.
Like pin wheel experiment balloon rocket is also another experiments that supports Newtons 3rd law of motion. Here arrangement is made sot hat when a flamed balloon is released it starts to move as rocket.
Newton’s Cradle is a device that helps to prove theory ” conservation of momentum and energy “.
This is a cool kids science experiment that is best for students from grade 4 ,5 and 6. We can perform this experiment in our house or at classroom.
How does boat Floats on Water :
When a boat is kept on the water then it floats on water. If we put similar body, let us say stone is kept on water then it sinks. Why does boat floats on water ?
The main reasons so that boat floats on water is upthrust.
Upthrust can be define as “the upward force exerted by liquid and gas that cause the flotation of body.” When the weight of water displaced by our boat is equal to the weight of boat the the upward force is seen called upthrust. Hence this cause floating of a boat.
Advantages of Newton’s Third Law of Motion :
There are lots of advantages of this 3rd law of motion. We have mention some of the merits :
- Due to this law we can explain some everyday activities like jumping of a boy, Bouncing of a basket ball, launch of rocket, fly an airplane, etc.
- This project helps us to learn about Newton’s laws of motion. Especially third law.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas for kids.
Safety tips while making homemade boat :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass that protects your eyes.
- Carefully handle the appliance such as scissor and diy knife.
- I suggest to do this science project with your parents, teachers or any elders.
Alternative process for making boat for school project :
We can also make compass home alternatively. For this in place of thermocol we can use other materials such as Popsicle sticks.
We can also make the pin wheel experiment. Which has same principal that is 3rd law of motion. This experiment is easy to make and helps to understand this law.
Rocket balloon is another well known experiment to explain this law. This experiment is also mentioned in our text book too.
Also read Some school Science Projects :
- How To make Hydraulic Jack
- Pin Wheel Science Experiment
- How To make Compass At Home
- Rising Water Experiment
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- Walking Water Experiment
- Solar System Model
If you like this science project or has any queries about how to make boat for school project. Which is one of the example of Newton’s third law of motion. You can simply comment use at our comment section.