Science Fair Projects Ideas Rocket Pin Wheel Experiment:
Science fair projects ideas Rocket pin wheel experiment is awesome idea. It is always best to learn science via experiments. We can see a rocket is flying to sky. Rocket is launched via large force. We can easily explain process of launch of rocket via this experiment.
With simple concept of pinwheel experiment that we can perform at class or any where. We easily can learn the reason behind flying of rocket.
If you are searching some science fair projects ideas for school students. This school science project can also be nice topics for you. Rocket Pin Wheel Experiment is best suitable for school students for class 5 and 6.
Rocket pin wheel experiment helps us to answers many questions like :
- How to make Rocket Pin Wheel Experiment ?
- How does Rocket launch ?
- Science Fair Projects Ideas.
Rocket Pinwheel experiment is best way to explain launching of rocket. From this school science project we can learn core principle behind Rocket launch. Some new terms such as thrust, Newtons law of motion and circular motion can be learned.
Materials Required to Rocket Pin Wheel Experiment :
Rocket Pinwheel science project can be made easily using home made materials. It can be made with simple things. Some of materials needed for making Rocket Pinwheel experiment are :
- Take two strong cardboard’s having radius of 11 cm and 5 cm.
- One balloon is taken. We can take any size balloon. Best would be medium sized one.
- A pencil is taken. It would be best if it has eraser on its back end.
- Strong straw is needed.
- Long and strong pin is taken.
- Finally a small size rubber is also used.
- Some of other regular materials are hot melting glue, sharp knife, metal scale, etc.
How to make Rocket Pin Wheel Experiment :
- First of all take a cardboard with radius of 11cm and 5 cm. Glue these cardboard maintaining same center. For this we have use hot melting glue.
- We have pined a strong pin on the back of pencil. And this pencil is stick on center of cardboard.
- Strong straw is fixed inside the balloon. Then rubber is used to fix the balloon.
- Now this balloon is fixed on the back of pencil via pin.
- Finally our Rocket pin wheel experiment is ready to demo.
For better demo of preparation of this project, we have embedded our working process below in video format.
Here is full process of making this school science projects Rocket pin wheel experiment in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have crated many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Rocket pinwheel experiment explained :
Rocket pinwheel experiment is an easy science experiment. With this experiment we can learn three things.
- Newton’s third law of motion.
Newton’s third law of motion state that “For every action there is equal and opposite reaction.”When we fill air inside balloon then as we leave balloon then air will escape out.
- What is Thrust?
Thrust can be simply defined as the force by which object movies. Here in our rocket pinwheel experiment also air blows via straw that cause motion of balloon and balloon starts to do circular motion.
These two science terms helps to explain rocket pin wheel experiment. When we blow air and flame balloon and release the end of straw. Then due to Newton’s third law of motion and Thrust slowly balloon starts to move in circular motion.And when the air inside balloon is empty this circular motion is stop.
This same concept is used while launching big rockets to space or moon or any other planets.
Advantages of science fair projects ideas Rocket pin wheel experiment :
There are lots of advantages of this rocket pinwheel experiment . We have mention some of the merits :
- We can learn about launching of rocket principle.
- Get information about terms such as Newton’s laws of motion, thrust and circular motion.
- Good science fair ideas.
Safety Tips while making Rocket pinwheel experiment :
Our first priority before doing any science project must always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself.
- Always ware a safety glass which protects your eyes.
- Care fully use hot melting glue. If not it may burn your hands.
- Properly handle knife and pin otherwise it my cut.
- Do this science project with your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative process for making Rocket pinwheel experiment :
We can similarly make water dispenser at home. For better and easy experiment we suggest you to take a pencil that has eraser at the back. By this it will be easy to press the pin.
Some of new science fair projects ideas :
- How to make Water Dispenser
- How To Make a Wheel And Axle
- School Science project Lungs Model
- Floating Egg Experiment
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- How To make Compass At Home