Electricity is simply a flow of charge through conductor. As science student we have to learn about it. There are lots of science fair projects related to electricity. Some of the are electromagnet, DC motor, potato electricity, etc. Today we are making electricity science fair projects simple electric motor.
This electrical science project helps us to understand about concept of Dc motor. With some simple materials that are found around our house like plywood, 9 volt battery, copper wire, magnet, etc. We can make this cool science project.
This electromagnet can be best for 6th grade students. But also suitable for students who are in grade 5th and 7th class. This electric science experiment can be good source for understanding some science terms such as electricity, current, magnet, charge, etc.
How to make Simple Electric Motor ?
Simple electric motor is a device that rotate when electricity is supplied. It converts electric energy into mechanical energy.
As we supply electricity through two terminals under magnetic field electric motor starts to move.
With some common materials that are found in our house we can do this electricity science fair projects.
Advantages of Simple Electric Motor :
There are lots of merits of electric motor. We have mentioned some of the advantages.
- Electric motor response time is very fast.
- This motors are used in many devices such as washing machine, drones, stabilizer, etc.
- Maintenance is very easy in this type of motor.
Simple electric motor science project helps us to answers some questions like :
- How to make simple electric motor ?
- How does an electric motor work ?
- What are the uses of electric motor ?
- Electricity science fair projects ideas.
Materials required for making this Electricity science fair projects :
This electric science project can be easily made using simple materials found around our house. Some of materials needed for making this magnet science experiment are :
- Main component of our project is insulated copper wire. We need about 3 to 4 meter insulated wire.
- Power source for our science project is 9 volt battery. If you don not have 9 volt battery you can also use adapter.
- One bar magnet.
- Another important components are lighter and safety pin.
- Frame structures is given by plywood. You can use cardboard in place of plywood.
- Some of other basic materials are also needed such as diy mat, hot melting glue, match box, etc.
How to make simple electric motor Step By Step:
After collecting all the materials needed, let us start our science project. Here we have provided step by step guide.
- First of all take a plywood base. For better stability we have glued two small wooden blocks.
- Now place two bar magnets between these small woods.
- With the reference of small wood glue safety pins.
- After this take insulted cope wire, make ring with the help of bottle cap as in below video.
- Two terminals are pass to holes of safety pins.
Note ( We have to remove plastic coating before we pout insulated wire to safety pins. If we do not remove plastic coating then electricity will not pass as a result our project will not work.)
- Finally as we supply electricity it starts to rotate.
Electricity Science Fair Projects – Simple Electric Motor :
For better demo of this project, you can simply follow below video.
Here is full process of making temporary magnet in video form. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have created many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
We can learn many things with the help of this science experiment about magnet. Some of the important topics are noted bellow.
- How does an electric motor works :
When we supply electricity to safety pin. Which is under magnetic field then due to Faraday’s law of electricity or electric motor starts to rotate.
- Electricity :
Electricity is simply a form of energy due to movement of charge. It travels through a conductor mostly copper. We can use electricity to run different appliances such as hover, cooker, car, etc.
Advantages of electricity science fair projects :
There are lots of advantages of this science experiment. We have mention some of the merits below :
- This science experiment helps us to learn about simple electric motor.
- We can learn about different science terms such as charge, electricity, dc motor, battery, circuit,etc.
- This cool science project helps to increase interest in electricity.
Safety tips for this science fair project electric motor:
Our first priority before doing any science project is safety. Anyone must protecting him self or her self is prerequisite.
- Always ware a safety glass while making science projects, that protects your eyes.
- Care fully handle the safety pins.
- Carry out this science project in presence of your parents, teachers or any seniors.
- Properly handle the hot melting glue, otherwise it may burn your body part.
Alternative to simple electric motor :
There are lots of electricity science fair projects. Some of ideas are potato electricity protect. In this science project vegetables are used to produce electricity.
Water electricity science project is another cool science project. Simple electrolysis process is good example.
Some of cool science projects:
- Simple electric car.
- Earthquake detector project
- Lungs model
- How to make compass at home ?
- Generate electricity from dc motor
If you are searching 6th grade science experiments. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This documentation can be best for your work flow.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.
For more, Science Projects Projects log on to SCHOOLSCIENCEEXPERIMENTS.COM