How To Make a Wheel And Axle Project :
How to make a wheel and axle project is an easy working model. As our study model we have to learn about simple machine. There are many types of simple machine. There are six types of simple machine and they are lever, wheel and axle, pulley, inclined plane, screw and wedge. Today our focus is to male wheel and axle. This science project would be best of class 5 and 6.
It is best to learn science with some practicals. Well today let us learn about wheel and axle. As our syllabus wheel and axle can be defined as,
” Wheel and axle is a simple machine which consist of two cylinders one wheel and next axle. It is used to lift weight.”
Working model of Wheel And Axle can be great science fair idea. If you are student from grade 5 or 6. This working model can be easily create with simple materials available around our house like waste plastic bottle.
This science project Wheel and axle working model can help us to answers some of the questions like :
- What is wheel and axle?
- How does wheel and axle works?
- How to make wheel and axle ?
- Recycle waste materials and use it.
Materials Required for Working Model of Wheel And Axle :
Working model of wheel and axle can be made with some house hold items. We have used some of the waste materials and recycled it. Some of materials needed for making wheel and axle are as :
- One plastic bottle. I have used a waste coke bottle. Since it is clear it is easy to see all components inside the bottle. You can also use other type of bottle can be colored or simply transparent. Bottle cap is also needed.
- Bamboo stick. A sausage bamboo stick is used.
- 2 circular cardboard. One of 9 cm radius and next 6 cm radius.
- I have used color paper. You can also use origami paper for the purpose.
- Hot melting Glue and general glue.
- String or any kind of thread will work.
- And lastly X-ACTO Knives.
Process of making Wheel And Axle Project :
- First of all cut two circular cardboard with radius of 9 and 6 cm. Also cut two rectangular cardboard with length of 10 cm and breadth of 2 cm.
- I have used color paper tow wrap these two circular cardboard.
- Cut coke bottle and take the middle cylindrical part and glue using hot melting glue. We can use other type of glue too.
- First of all make holes on tow rectangular cardboard and glue to base.
- Now take bamboo stick . stick roll of cardboard at the middle of bamboo. Pass to two holes of rectangular cardboard.
- At one end of bamboo wheel is added made up of coke bottle cap. For easy small bamboo handle is added.
- I have added two boarders at the top and bottom of plastic for proper decoration.
- Now its time to make bucket. I have made small sample bucket from origami paper.
- Stick string “Thread” on axle . One end of string is glued to axle and next to bucket.
- Finally our demo project of wheel and axle is ready for demonstration.
If you want visual demonstration of making this school science project. You can follow below demo.
Here we have provided full process of making and demonstrate of science experiments for class 6. This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have created many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
Conclusion of Science projects For Class 6 Wheel And Axle :
Wheel and axle is one of the most important simple machine. Generally in wheel and axle there are two cylinder. The larger cylinder is called wheel. Here our wheel is made of bottle cap. For easiness we have added handle. Another cylinder is bamboo stick that works as axle.
Like other simple machine wheel and axle also helps us to make our work easy and faster with less effort.
Mechanical advantage of wheel and axle :
Mechanical advantage of any simple machine can be defined as ration of force of output over input force. In Wheel and axle mechanical advantage can be defined as ration of radius of wheel over radius of axle.And also can be calculated by formula as ,
Application Of wheel And axle :
Wheel and axle has many applications. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Wheel and axle is used to pull water from well. As in our demonstration.
- It is used in wheel of vehicles like car, bus, truck, etc .
- Merry-go-rounds is one good example of wheel and axle.
- If we break motors then we can see wheel and axle. Here at the wheel portion copper wire is winded.
- Wheel and axle is also seen in door handles. Likewise there are may other applications of this simple machine.
Advantages of using wheel And axle as simple machine:
There are lots of advantages of using wheel and axle as a simple machine. Some of them are as follows,
- Wheel and axle always make our work easier. With less effort large load can be moved.
- This simple machine increase our speed or work.
- It helps us to make us safe.
Safety Tips While making Wheel And Axle Project :
Our first priority before doing any science project is always be safety. We always suggest you to perform any science project protecting yourself. Some of the steps while making working model of wheel and axle are :
- Always ware a safety glass which protects your eyes while dong projects.
- Care fully use hot melting glue. If not it may burn your body parts.
- Properly handle knife otherwise it my cut.
- Do this science project with your parents, teachers or any senior brother and sister.
Alternative process for making wheel and axle working model :
There are lots of ways to make working model of wheel and axle. We can also make a simple car and demonstrate its wheel part as wheel and axle. A simple wheel and axle itself can be made.
Some of our new science project ideas for 6th grade are:
For more, Science Projects of class 6 log on to SCHOOLSCIENCEEXPERIMENTS.COM