Science is an interesting subject to learn. We learn this subject better via science experiments. Today we have brought you top five science projects for middle school. These science project ideas is more fruitful if you are from grade 6,7 and 8.
These 5 Science projects for middle school are :
- Light travels in a straight Line experiment
- Lungs working model
- Floating egg science experiment
- Homemade compass
- Rocket balloon science project
Middle school are the students between primary and secondary level. You can make these science projects yourself at home with common materials.Different science terms such as rectilinear propagation of light, pressure, density, properties of magnet, force, working model of lungs, etc are introduced while making these science projects. You can better learn and understand by doing these science projects for middle school.
Top 5 Science Projects For Middle School :
This is our YouTube channel DIY Projects. We also have created many other school science projects in our channel. We also provide many science fair ideas for school students.
1. Rectilinear Propagation Of light Experiment :
Rectilinear propagation of light is a cool middle school science experiment. This science project is related to physics light.
Rectilinear propagation of light can be defined as ” Light always travels in straight path ”
Some of the common materials that are essential while doing this middle school science projects are torch light, cardboard, color papers, scales, etc.
When holes in middle cardboard are align in straight path then only light strike in blue color cardboard. But as we move middle cardboard light do not strike in blue color cardboard part.
You can learn how to make Rectilinear propagation of light science project from our website.
Advantages of Rectilinear propagation of light Science Experiments :
- This science project proves rectilinear propagation of light.
- We can learn about properties of light.
- This science project can be great science fair ideas for middle school students.
2. Working Model of Lungs :
Working model of lungs is another cool middle school science fair ideas. There are a lots of biology science projects. Here we learn about important part of our body lungs. Lung is important organ of respiratory system.
Oxygen gas pass to our body through our nose. Then it passes to wind pipe and lungs through bronchus. In lungs there are already impure blood through heart. In lungs when this air (oxygen) react with blood and energy is released and carbon dioxide as a waste product.
You can learn how to make Working model of lungs science project from our webpage.
During respiration our lungs expands and contracts. This science project for middle school better shows the demonstration.
With some common materials like plastic bottle, straw, three balloons we can make this awesome middle school science fair ideas.
Advantages of Lungs working model Science Project :
- Function and importance of lunges is better understood via this science project.
- This science project helps us to learn about respiratory system.
3. Floating Egg Science Experiment :
Floating egg science experiment is easy middle school science project. This science project helps us to learn about density. We can better understand about chemistry term solubility.
Definition of density :
Density can be defined as mass per unit volume. Symbol of density is rho (ρ). Unit of density is kg/m3
Definition of solubility:
Solubility is the property of solute dissolving in solvent. Solute is a solid that dissolves in solvent. And Solvent tends to dissolve solute.
You can learn how to make Floating egg science experiment from our webpage.
When we put an egg in a glass that contains pure water then it sinks. This is because egg density is higher then that of water.
When we put an egg in a glass that contains solution of salt water then it floats . This is because egg density is lower then that of water.
Advantages of Floating egg science fair experiment :
- This project helps to get knowledge about density and solution.
- Floating egg experiment inspires us doing science experiment at home.
- We can learn formulas of density and solution. Which are essential during calculation.
4. Compass Science projects :
Compass is a device that points all four directions north, south, east and west. There are lots of ways to make compass during emergency. we are learning how to make compass easily via this science project.
Homemade compass is based on specific property of magnet ” If a bar magnet is suspended freely then it always shows north and south pole. ”
You can learn how to make How to make compass from our webpage.
With items such as thermocol, bar magnet, color paper we can easily perform this science project for middle school.
Properties of magnet :
- A freely suspended bar magnet always shows north and south pole.
- Magnet always attracts the magnetic substance like iron , nickel, cobalt, etc.
- Like pole of magnet (“south pole and south pole” or “north pole and north pole”) re pail with each other.
- Opposite poles of a magnet(“south pole and north pole” or “north pole and south pole”) attract with each other.
- When we measure the attracting force on a bar magnet then attracting capacity at the poles is always greater then its middle parts.
Advantages of homemade compass Experiments :
There are lots of advantages of this compass experiment. We have mention some of the merits below :
- We can get knowledge about properties of magnet.
- This science project helps us to build compass in emergency.
- It motivate us to do science work shops.
5. Rocket Balloon Science projects :
Rocket Balloon science experiment is related to newtons third law of motion.
Newton’s third law of motion:
It can be state as “For every action there is equal and opposite reaction.”
There are three Newton’s laws of motion. In them above one is third law.
This law has a lot of applications. It is use for calculating for required to launch rocket. In daily life this law’s applies while we jump, driving car, walking, etc.
You can learn how to make Rocket Balloon science experiment from our webpage.
This science project for middle school is made with materials like balloon, thread, tape and color paper.
Advantages of Rocket Balloon Science Project :
There are lots of advantages of this rocket balloon science project. We have mention some of the merits below :
- This helps us to learn about mechanism of flying of rocket.
- We can get ideas about Newton’s laws of motion.
- This science project inspires students for learning science.
Safety tips for middle science fair projects :
Our first priority before doing any science project is safety. Anyone must protecting him self or her self is prerequisite.
- Always ware a safety glass while making science projects, that protects your eyes.
- Care fully handle the soldering rod.
- Properly handle the hot melting glue, otherwise it may burn your body part.
- Carry out this science project in presence of your parents, teachers or any seniors.
Some of Cool School Science Projects :
- Simple electric car.
- Earthquake detector project
- Lungs model
- How to make compass at home
- Generate electricity from dc motor.
If you are searching middle school science fair projects. I hope this experiment can be of great help. This is documentation that can be best for your work flow and learn different projects for middle school.
If you like this science project or has any queries about this project. You can simply comment us at our comment section.